Sunday, November 22, 2015

The Ted Cruz I Know

The most principled man to run for president in my lifetime

As a part of a the Ted Cruz Campaign in Iowa, I've had access to meetings and conferences and events that even most politically involved Iowans aren't privy to. I've also been to Iowa retail political meet and greets with Senator Cruz. I think there is a huge misconception nationally about the kind of man and the kind of candidate that Senator Cruz is. I'm here to set that record straight with information about my own experiences and what I hear from others that have had the distinct pleasure of meeting the most principled man to run for president in a generation.



This first time I saw Senator Ted Cruz was at a large event, the Iowa Rally for Religious Liberty, that his campaign put on. I met him briefly and saw him interact with others with a grace and humility rarely seen in any person and almost never seen in DC politico types. I filled out a commitment card that night. Shortly thereafter I received the call to be a part of a team that I have grown to respect and care for.

Meetings with Senator Cruz away from the media are light hearted and fun. He knows when to be serious but I think he takes the "spoonful of sugar" adage to heart. He uses humor to get his points across when appropriate. He also can be deadly serious. I appreciate someone who doesn't have to have a stage persona when he's in front of the camera. Ted Cruz is the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow. If you want a glimpse into the more light-hearted Senator Cruz is, watch below.



Conversely, when talking about his faith, you can tell that he is very well settled in who he is and that it isn't his will, but God's will that will reign. He knows that he is saved and he also knows that he isn't perfect. At the Presidential Family Forum in Des Moines on Friday, November 20th, Moderator Frank Luntz asked Ted a question that brought forth an answer that brought the room full of 1800 people to a hushed reverence. He was so honest that we were given a glimpse of his soul. He is a strong man of faith and for that, I am thankful.



The other part of Senator Cruz's character that shines through is his love for people. He is the only candidate that I've ever seen that must always be told that it is time to go. His "body man", Bruce Redden, can always be seen having to grab him by the shirt when they have to go to the next event. Ted would be happy taking questions from people and just greeting them for hours on end. He always takes photos with people and makes it a point to make children, being brought along by their parents to a political event, feel welcome. No other candidate does this with the comfort and total ease that Ted Cruz does.



I'm sure you've also heard the media quip about Ted Cruz being rehearsed. I've never heard him give the same exact stump speech twice. Now, he does have certain phrases that he uses to convey importance but he always changes it up. He is so comfortable speaking to a crowd that he can come off as rehearsed when in reality, he's just the smartest guy in the room on nearly any issue. An exchange with Frank Luntz at this same forum went something like this(I'm paraphrasing because I don't have an audiographic memory). "Ted, are those the exact words President Obama used?" Followed by an exact recitation of a quote Obama had made earlier in the week. He frames an argument better than any person I've ever met. Watch how Ted Cruz handles hecklers and people that don't agree with him.



Eli Stokols, of Politico, tweeted out this:


We had to open the room to the hallway. There were too many people that wanted to see Sen. Ted Cruz
A CNN reporter tweeted this:


I urge you to not just believe me, but to do your own research. You'll find that what I say here is not only true, but it is just a small portion of what there is to know about Ted Cruz. If he is in your town, do not miss the opportunity to hear him speak and meet him up close and in person. Your perception of what a leader can be will be changed. He is the first candidate that I have been truly honored to support. In my adult life, I've never been able to say that about any other presidential candidate.
Ted Cruz always involves children in his campaigning. He knows they are the future.



Every time I see Senator Cruz, he makes a point of coming up to me and thanking me for what I do for the campaign. He does this with all of his supporters. He remembers people and he knows who he is working for. He is beholden to those people that vote for him and those people that put their life on hold to help him in his campaign to break the Washington Cartel. Those of us that make up the affectionately named the #CruzCrew will crawl across broken glass with knives between our teeth, to borrow a phrase from Ted, to see he gets across the finish line with the Republican nomination and then wins the general election next November. We are over 100,000 strong nationwide.

If you aren't committed the cause of liberty yet and you aren't ready to support Ted Cruz for 2016, I urge you to do your due diligence and pray on it. I'm sure you will see that this man is worthy of your support. If you have already decided that Ted is your guy, join us and help him become the next President of the United States of America.

Join us.

Find me on Twitter

Email me and ask how you can join the #CruzCrew

Donate to the Cruz Campaign


#Cruz2016 #CruzCrew #iacaucus #nhpolitics #FITN

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete any comment that is blatantly false or misleading. Truth matters.