Wednesday, May 13, 2015

My Pro-Life Story

I'm a big proponent of supporting my writing with facts to back it up. While there is a bit of that in this post, most of it just comes from my heart.

Last year, after helping my sister and brother-in-law move across the country, the family got a call from my brother-in-law on Sunday, July 27th telling us that my sister was being taken by ambulance from an emergency room in a small local hospital to a large hospital thirty minutes away because she had severe pre-eclampsia. She felt really bad that morning and had asked to be taken to the local ER. The doctor there found her blood pressure to be quite high. The only remedy was to deliver their baby. She was 30 weeks pregnant. Shortly after her transfer, she had an emergency cesarean section and my nephew was born. I was scared to death.

My nephew was barely larger than his dad's hand when he was born. At his lowest weight shortly after birth, he was three pounds. Seeing pictures of him with tubes and monitors all over was scary. Finding out after the fact that his mom, my sister, could have died if not for the quick action taken by her husband and then the medical staff hit me like a ton of bricks. After several days of monitoring, she was released from the hospital but my little nephew spent over a month in the hospital. He was strong though. He was on oxygen assistance for less than two weeks. He figured out how to pull the nasal cannula away from his face.

He was about a month and a half old and only five and a half pounds when I first held him shortly after he came home from the hospital. He was tiny and fragile but he was most assuredly alive and kicking. He wasn't quite a full term baby even at that time, forty five days after he was born. That first time his mom, my sister, placed him in my arms, my pro-life leanings became a full fledged passion.

The most disturbing part of this story is the fact that many babies of his gestational age are still killed by abortionists in this country. I can't even wrap my mind around the thought.

Fast forward to almost ten months later and little Wyatt Matthew is about seventeen pounds, has his first tooth and is starting to move all over the house. He can pick out the toys he wants (mainly to chew on) and he is eating baby food. He smiles and giggles now and has captured the heart of every person on both sides of his parents' family. He is the ultimate proof that life is a blessing. Ask anyone who comes in contact with him.

The point to all of this is to show that every innocent life is precious. The Congress has taken up House Resolution 36. It would outlaw abortion after twenty weeks gestation, in most cases. Why this is not supported by every person in Congress and all of the country will confound me until the day I die. Most abortions are done out of pure self interest. Don't let anyone fool you with the whole rape and incest argument. That is about three percent of abortions, at best.

I have no problem with birth control, so before you call me a misogynist or anti-woman, know that. People forget that there is a way to prevent pregnancy that never fails. Remain abstinent unless you are prepared for the consequences. No innocent unborn child should be made to suffer for the pleasure of a self-centered adult. If a woman is self centered enough to think that abortion would be a viable option to contraception, she should have herself sterilized. The same goes for a man. I know I'll get heat for what I just said but I think the point needed to be raised.

Before you say that I'm an anti-woman bigot again, I think that those women that choose to kill an unborn child through abortion need our prayers and those that are truly sorry and choose to repent from their ways deserve our compassion too. Those that continue to advocate for the killing of innocent babies need to held up as the disgusting people that they are.

I realize that there are times when a pregnancy can cause risk to the mother, the baby or both. That doesn't mean that abortion should be the first plan of action. Termination of a pregnancy should be the very last option in the medical field. Doctors take an oath to "do no harm". An abortion is the exact opposite of that oath.

If we don't value the life of the most innocent among us, I feel we will lose our humanity altogether. It starts with education. Young people need to understand the consequences of sex. Sex is, at its most basic level, for procreation. This needs to be drilled into the head of every person. Yes, it is important in a relationship but the fact that the act was intended to create new life cannot be overlooked. Our culture has shown that physical relationships that aren't grounded in true care for the other person are doomed to fail. I don't understand the point of engaging in that type of relationship. Maybe I'm not "with it".

Unfortunately, we have leaders in this country that would be OK with allowing a baby that survived an abortion attempt to die. Our president defeated many attempts to outlaw that type of late term abortion while he was an Illinois state senator. Many so-called feminist leaders also stand for abortion on demand up until the second a baby is born. They hold up a woman named Margaret Sanger. She was the person who spawned the abortion mill called Planned Parenthood. She was in favor of eugenics(so were the Nazis), she was a racist of the highest order and even accepted a chance to speak at a Ku Klux Klan rally in 1926.

I know that I just used facts and that isn't allowed in this debate but I do hold out hope. The country has taken a pro-life turn that is contrary to what the elected Democrats and even a few Republicans have held as an issue not to be touched. All of those people that feel strongly about advocating for the protection of the unborn need to make our voices heard. This is a winning issue for politicians and they need to understand that. Call your and email your United States Representatives and Senators and urge them to support HR 36. Call the White House and issue your warning to President Obama. If Congress has the backbone to pass this bill and Comrade Obama chooses to veto it, Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington DC needs to laid under a siege by those of us that see it as our mission to protect innocent life. I plan to move to the greater Washington DC area so that I can make my voice heard on this issue, amongst others. We need to stand up for what is right. With out life, nothing else matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete any comment that is blatantly false or misleading. Truth matters.