Friday, January 8, 2016

The whole armour of God

Texas Senator and Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz with Dr. James Dobson in Winterset, IA

The issue of the disgusting left wing (and sometimes establishment Republican) media has been weighing heavily on my mind for a while. I expect attacks on the candidate I support. Heck, I even expect attacks on me because I'm so vocal about supporting that candidate when I'm in public. What I don't expect is attacks on friends of mine who, while they also support the same person running for president that I do, aren't nearly as involved in the daily aspects of recruiting volunteers and responding to leftist media requests.

On Wednesday, January 6th, I did what I usually do and that is be a voracious consumer of the news regarding the campaign here in Iowa. I was especially interested in the coverage of the event that I helped work on Monday evening with Senator Ted Cruz because my friends who have a musical group had performed there and there was a huge contingent of press in attendance. I had talked to one of my friends about some of the press coverage Tuesday evening at another campaign event and he said that most of the coverage was straight up but there had been some misquoting of song lyrics and the like. I didn't get around to it that night but after speaking to another member of the family about the same coverage Wednesday, I decided to research and find the media bias. What I found disgusted me and made me angry. I was so angry that I sent an email to the pastor of the church I attend asking for prayers because I didn't want the anger to consume me for the rest of the week.

To the point, the radical left wing online rag, Salon had picked up a piece submitted by a freelance left wing writer named Quint Forgey (not making that up) who had attended the event on Monday, January 4th. What he penned was a blatantly bigoted anti-Christian hit piece where he opined that he heard the "scariest family band of all time", saying that he was struck by song lyrics that said that kids should have a mom and a dad(true) and that we should be concerned about the efforts to curtail religious liberty(also true). This writer was concerned that people in America could still want to hold fast to values that made this country great because those views must be intolerant or something of the like. I felt dirty after reading this piece for the first time. I felt my blood pressure rise. He was talking about my friends and he didn't know a thing about them.

I'm not going to use the names of my friends in this piece but I will say that I had a conversation with the eldest daughter about this issue this week and I told her that the dirty press coverage would likely get worse. To that end, Ted Cruz has told us in a national conference call on Tuesday of this week that the slings and arrows would be many and that we should be strong in our cause because we are working toward a noble end. He quoted from the verse below.

Ephesians 6:11   Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 

The Left and some on the Establishment Right fear Ted Cruz and the people that support him. They know that Ted's base of support is the most knowledgeable and solid of anyone running on either side of the aisle. To a person, the people involved in our effort to elect Ted Cruz are in tune with those values that have made the United States of America the envy of the world. Those values are being trampled on and marginalized now for some politically correct nanny state concept of false tolerance and blatant anti-JudeoChristian hatred. The political establishment on both sides also fear Ted Cruz because he wants to remove power from Washington, DC and restore the rights of the States to be the laboratories of freedom and self rule that they were intended to be when this country was founded. Think back to when people moved to a state because that state was a bastion for their values. That is becoming less the case now as the federal government seeks to stamp out the differences in the states.

My anger has been turned to action for good. As the bible says:

Proverbs 28:1   The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion. 

  Proverbs 29:2   When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn. 

I won't let anger consume me any longer but when I see something written that slanders a friend or friends of mine, I will use that as evidence that our cause is true and that we are working to do God's work here on earth. I believe that God has raised up Ted Cruz as an answer to prayers of many believers and that we are called to do work for His will. No man is perfect, with the exception of Jesus of Nazareth, but there are still great men who would help lead us away from oppression and tyranny and toward freedom and liberty. In that liberty, we will then be free again to live as God wants us to. Again, to echo Ted Cruz in a more modern sense, if you aren't taking flak, you aren't over the target. I think we are over the target.

Find me on Twitter

Email me to volunteer with the Cruz Campaign

Donate to the Cruz Campaign

Check out a new website put together by a friend of mine to help engage Christians in being active in selecting the governments of our land in a biblical and God centered way.

Below, you'll find a response to President Obama sent by Ted Cruz. This is just one reason why I support Ted Cruz in this most crucial race.

#CruzinToCaucus #CruzCrew #iacaucus #Christian #Iowa

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I am so sorry you and your friends have to deal with all the hate.

    ReplyDelete

I reserve the right to delete any comment that is blatantly false or misleading. Truth matters.