Sunday, March 6, 2016

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go Ted Cruz!

I'm writing this piece from the 14th state I've been in over the last 30 days. What a wild ride! I feel the tide starting to shift. 

Just yesterday, I spent 5 hours at a caucus site in Emporia, KS. I was blown away at the support Ted Cruz has here in the middle of the country. Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas have provided an anchor. Add Maine and Alaska and you have the start of a wide ranging base of support. The late votes broke heavily toward Ted Cruz in Kentucky and Louisiana too. 

I feel a change coming over the electorate and I think the last debate had a lot to do with it. Ted Cruz was the only adult in the room. With the one who shall remain nameless and Marco Rubio just trading insults, Ted Cruz prosecuted the aforementioned unnamed one while staying out of the mud.

While having a conversation with 5 friends last night by text message, the mood was decidedly lighter. We've all worked so hard for the same causes that Ted Cruz champions. I remember having a conversation with one specific friend on Tuesday before the election results started coming in(Thank you, Texas!) and I told this person that I was no longer nervous about the results. Her response was one of the most beautiful things I've ever read, "It is one of the many blessings of our position as children of God - sweet peace in the midst of storms." After I read that, I knew I had worked as hard as I could and God was in control. She's totally correct. There's peace knowing God will never give us more than we can handle while also knowing that our trials will only serve to make those of us who know Jesus stronger in the long run. 

This has been such a whirlwind experience that I've only slept in my own bed 4 nights in the last month. I'll write a more in depth review of the last month in the coming week. So, for now, good bye from Kansas. Perhaps a Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go Ted Cruz chant is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete any comment that is blatantly false or misleading. Truth matters.