Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Good Riddance



I left the GOP more than 6 months ago. My reasons for leaving were confirmed over the past several weeks. The Republican Party is full of weak, power hungry statists.

The Obamacare "replacement" bill the House leadership put forth yesterday is one of the biggest piles of manure this side of an Iowa hog house I've ever seen. It addresses none of the market issues Obamacare created and rebrands most of the other parts with nasty GOP slime. House and Senate Small Government types are floating their own bill, but I am sure the preponderance of GOP members will support the bill put forth by leadership.

Here in Iowa, members of the GOP killed a bill to recognize life at conception. I am no longer surprised when the GOP goes against everything they say they support and believe in.

The purpose of this post is to encourage people to leave a Republican Party that has decided they want to try to be all things to all people. This party is no place for anyone with any sort of principles aimed toward liberty or constitutional small government. They won't even protect the border. Donald Trump won the White House on this issue, more than any other(never mind he stole the issue from Ted Cruz).

Do not give money to or support candidates from this party. If I can never vote again because there are no decent candidates outside of the current two party system, that will be OK. I refuse to support anyone tied to this iteration of the Republican Party.

I will work to see a viable small government party come about. The Federalist Party is my vehicle of choice. I know the people involved and I trust they have many of the same concerns I do.  We must work to make this party work. It won't be easy and it won't be fast, but it must be done. He those of us seeking to make a home for principled people outside of the broken two party system. My call is this. Euthanize the GOP!

Find me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete any comment that is blatantly false or misleading. Truth matters.